Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mountains all around...

You'll be glad to know that I was able to get a full nights sleep in last night. In fact I went to bed at 8:30 just to get a little extra snooze time.

Here's a quick video of our surroundings. I was able to go up to the top of the old Soviet tower the other day and capture some of this video. Since it had just snowed, the air was void of any dust and haze. The visibility has only been like this one other time since I have been here. You can slowly watch the mountains disappear over the course of a few days as the dust slowly fills the air. It's too bad, because it really is beautiful when you can see the mountains.

P.S. After you watch the video, click on the word "comments" right below the video window to read about a new update that I figured out.

5 comments:

  1. I have now made it easier to comment on my blog. Somehow it was setup to only allow registered users add comments. It is now open to anyone to post a comment without having to sign-in or register with the site. I look forward to reading your comments. Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,
    We all really enjoy the updates, Thanks so much. we were so sorry to hear about your grandmother, both Harlee and I were very close to our grandmothers so we understand how profound your loss is, know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    We think of you often and look forward to your return. god bless, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Abby. Thanks for being good friends to our family. Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! The mountains really are beautiful when covered with snow. We have pretty much everything in place for Grandma's service on Monday. Nate says he will video so we can send it to you. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I just got myself registered as an official follower! Mom

    ReplyDelete